Sunday, October 27, 2013

New WIP and Fall

Boy time sure does fly by! I haven't posted for a while. Been keeping busy with chemo treatments. I'm on a weekly treatment schedule now until after New Years. I have a blog over on my hubby's website about my cancer journey. Here's the link if you would like to follow over there.

I started a new project that I am going to try to get done fast! Why you may ask, good question...it's because it's a Halloween project that I want to have done by Halloween!  LOL

I got a piece of beautiful purple Zweigart 14ct Aida cloth in the Harvest Exchange from April and knew I wanted to use it for a Halloween project. So a few days ago I started stitching this....


It's a free pattern called "Haunted House" that I got from The Snowflower Diaries. Maja has some beautiful patterns and they are all free! She is a kind spirit for being so generous. She even did a beautiful tribute to a dear fellow stitcher taken away too soon, Cathey. I am so looking forward to this newest pattern becoming available.

Fall is definitely in the air here in the Sacramento Valley of Northern California. The tree in my back yard is dropping it's leaves.


Still have some flowers blooming too.



I love fall. I'm originally from upstate New York and fall was always my favorite time of year and I miss it terribly! It was so pretty there and there were things that I miss like going to get apple cider and donuts at the local cider mills. The cold nights and chilly days. And of course the promise of snow soon. Where I live now it's just not the same. It's hot most of the year. I dread summers here. It's just too hot to enjoy any outside activities. Even now the nights do get down to around the mid to upper 40's and the days are still averaging around 80 degrees. I'm so tired of the heat. Some people would call me crazy but I long for the cloudy, rainy, chilly days in New York. Curling up on the couch with a fuzzy, warm blanket and cup of hot tea or cocoa while listening to the rain and the wind sounds divine to me. Sigh...

Can't wait for Halloween! The hubby and I will be curling up in our recliners and watching my favorite movies and eating popcorn! Every year I turn into a big kid! I have to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", the Disney version of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" it's on the DVD "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad", "Hocus Pocus", "Practical Magic", and "Sleepy Hollow" (the one with Johnny Depp). I have a couple of other movies that I have already watched "Bell, Book, and Candle" and "High Spirits". If you have a favorite movie for this time of year let me know in the comments. I'm always on the look out for more movies!  =)

Well I'm off for now. Happy Stitching!



1 comment:

Chris said...

Ooh Fall. If you have lived in the Northeast and have moved you miss the area this time of year. Those crisp days and the colors. We have fall here but it is nothing like up North.
I love your Snowflower Halloween start.
What a perfect way to spend Halloween. I will be watching Hocus Pocus on Wednesday. I am going to work Thursday so the other girls can be off with the kids.

Have a great week!!